- This event has passed.
February 2020: CGS-SOS Deep Foundation Workshop
Thursday, February 13, 2020
This technical workshop is designed to provide insights into deep foundation construction and design. The workshop is comprised of keynote presentations by a distinguished international deep foundation expert and local case studies by professionals in Ontario’s deep foundation industry. The workshop highlights the importance of new construction techniques and design methodologies. It will provide participants with a concise understanding of construction techniques and challenges of drilled shafts, continuous flight auger piles, slurry walls, and application of drilled shaft in earth retaining structures. Some risk components that must be considered in the planning, design, and construction of foundations for complex transportation infrastructure and building projects will be discussed.
The workshop qualifies for up to 8 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CDP) hours. The workshop is suitable for Geotechnical and Geo-structural Consultants and Designers, Contractors, Government Agencies, University Students and other practitioners who desire continual improvement to their engineering skills.
Presenters – Dr. Dan Brown, President of Dan Brown and Associates; Mr. Panos Andonyadis, Senior Engineer from Geosyntec Consultant; Mr. Billy Singh from TerraProbe Inc.; Dr. Jason Crowder and Mr. Mike Porco from Grounded Engineering; Mr. Charlie Huynh from Keller Foundations; Mr. Dave Wiley from GFL Infrastructure Group Inc.
- Drilled Foundation Construction in the 21st Century (The Art & Science of Hole) by: Dan Brown
- Management of Risks in Foundation Construction and Design for Transportation Infrastructure Projects. By Dan Brown
- The Port Lands Flood Protection and Enabling Infrastructure Project (PLFP). By: Panos Andonyadis
- A Foundation Engineering Trip down the Mississippi. By: Dan Brown
- Transit City East Block. By: Billy Singh, Jason Crowder and Mike Porco
- Installation of Drilled Shafts using Polymer Slurry. By: Charlie Huynh
- Constructability Challenges for Secant Walls and Deep Caissons. By: Dave Wiley
- Panel Discussion
For Registration: Please visit Eventbrite.