CGS-SOS Summer Workshop – July/Aug 2021: Geotechnical Considerations in Tunnel Design and Construction
Thursday, August 5, 2021
July 27, 2021, 12 – 2 PM:
- The Effects of In-situ Stresses and Time-Dependent Deformation on Tunnelling in Swelling Rock
- Application of Laboratory Swell Tests Results and Parameters for Design of Underground Structures in Swelling Rocks
Kwan Yee Lo, Ph.D., P.Eng., Professor Emeritus Geotechnical Research Centre, Western University.
Silvana Micic, Ph.D., P.Eng., Senior Geotechnical Engineer EXP Services Inc. & Adjunct Research Professor Geotechnical Research Centre, Western University.
July 29, 2021, 12 – 2 PM:
- Geotechnical Aspects of Tunneling Design and Construction (Risk Management & Baseline Report)
- Design & Construction Challenges of Large Diameter Tunnels
Masoud Manzari, M.Sc.Eng., P.Eng., Principal, Senior Geotechnical Engineer, Thurber Engineering Ltd.
Gary J.E. Kramer, P.Eng., P.E., Senior Vice President / Underground Infrastructure Hatch.
August 5, 2021, 12 – 2 PM:
- Case histories of Hanlan Feedermain (Contract 3) and Twinning of West Trunk Sewer (Contract 2) projects in GTA
- Tunnel Lining design in the Greater Toronto Area. Lessons learned from recent case histories
Andrew Cushing, P. Eng., Senior Geotechnical and Tunnelling Engineer Arup.
Giuseppe Maria Gaspari, PEng, MBA, MSc,MSE, Associate Vice President, Tunnel Practice Lead AECOM.