- This event has passed.
May 2022 CGS-SOS Lecture – Ontario Regulation 406/19 and Infrastructure Projects
Wednesday, May 18, 2022
Ontario’s new Excess Soil Management Regulation is causing a stir in the construction industry. The aim of this presentation is to review what to expect when managing excess soil during infrastructure projects and provide some navigation through Ontario Regulation 406/19, and recent amendments.
Jonathan Wakani, P.Geo., Senior Environmental Geoscientist
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions
Mr. Wakani is a registered Professional Geoscientist and Qualified Person as defined by Ontario Regulation 153/04 under the Environmental Protection Act. He is a Project Manager with over eighteen years consulting experience in the environmental and geotechnical fields. Mr. Wakani has been involved in numerous Phase I, II and III Environmental Site Assessments, Record of Site Condition filings, risk assessments, excess soil management programs and he has also been involved with many hydrogeological, geotechnical, rock mechanics and aggregate resource investigations across the province. Following the implementation and ongoing rollout of Ontario Regulation 406/19, he has managed, acted as Senior Reviewer, Qualified Person and provided technical guidance to dozens of excess soil management projects in support of roadway and various infrastructure improvement projects throughout Ontario.
Join Your Fellow female Engineers in person for the Women in CGS meeting.
The CGS-SOS women committee will hold an in-person meeting. This is an initiative to enhance female contribution and a network to share experiences, create relevant content, support each other and engage your talent. This is a free event but you need to register by getting a free ticket.
• 4:00 PM Women in CGS with a complimentary refreshment
- 4:00 PM – Women in CGS
- 5:30 PM – Cocktails and Socializing
- 6:30 PM – Dinner
- 7:30 PM – Lecture
Looking forward to seeing you there.
- The maximum number of patrons is limited to 75 due to venue capacity. Tickets are sold based on first come first served.
- There is a maximum of 10 tickets available for students.
- No refund is possible from 24 hours to the start of the event.
- Sponsorship tickets do not include a patron ticket.
- Women in CGS tickets do not include a patron ticket for the dinner lecture.
- Photographs may be taken at the event and may be published on the CGS-SOS website or social media. Please advise one of the CGS-SOS Executive Committee members if you have any concerns.-
- If you have difficulties using Eventbrite, please contact Amir Poshnejad for assistance email@example.com
- This event will be booked solely through Eventbrite.
- Registration will end on April 19 at 11:59 pm.