Canadian Geotechnical Society, Southern Ontario Section (CGS-SOS) is pleased to announce the recipients of 2020 Undergraduate scholarships. The intent of these scholarships is to encourage students to study and enter the practice of geotechnical engineering.
Six universities in Ontario were attended in the scholarship program and one student for each university was selected. The scholarship amount is $500 each and was awarded to the students with the highest mark in geotechnical course in Academic Term 2019-2020.
In addition to the cash award, CGS-SOS will also pay for the one-year student CGS membership recipient.
The 2020 CGS-SOS Undergraduate Scholarship Award recipients are:
- Zhenze Wei, McMaster University
- Beverly Yang, University of Waterloo
- Kota Abe, University of Toronto
- Moamenbellah Moustafa, York University
- Thomas Ong, Ryerson University
- Adam Blazejowski, Western University